The Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL) is a nonprofit feminist organization dedicated to strengthening and bridging voices for human rights to promote social justice and self-determination.
It has three programmatic goals:
1. Equality regardless of identity - It aims to achieve equality by eradicating gender-based discrimination and violence in the world of work.
2. Peace beyond the absence of war - It redefines peace and measure it with the indicators of equality, justice, and human rights to challenge the economy of war and violence.
3. Feminist standards as the norm - It amplifies feminist thought, standards, and leadership to influence civil society and its institutions and structures, thereby addressing inequality, discrimination, and violence.
To achieve these goals, CWGL engages in the global coordination of the following initiatives:
• 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign, which has been implemented in over 180 countries by more than 6,000 organizations.
• Feminist Alliance for Rights, which aims to influence the 2030 Agenda from its position in the Global North with Global South leadership.
• Journalism Initiative on Gender-Based Violence, which aims to strengthen the engagement and capacity of journalists and news journalists and news media practitioners in reporting on GBV globally.
The organization needed a cohesive branding system that allows each of the initiative to use its voice and identity in a unique way while creating a direct connection between the three initiatives and CWGL. A new brand architecture and strategic identity system were created to highlight the strength and focus of each initiative.